As chartered physiotherapists working in the St. Luke's Radiation Oncology Network, we are experienced in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of physical problems that you may have as a result of your cancer or its treatment.
Our aim is to maximise your mobility, independence and function and promote your well being.
To achieve this we can design exercise programmes specific to your needs and also provide equipment.
We can help you with:
- Loss of muscle strength
- Reduced joint movement
- Difficulty walking
- Altered balance and co-ordination
- Neuropathy (Tingling, numbness, pain or weakness due to nerve damage)
- Fatigue related to treatment
- Breathing difficulties
- Scar tissue or radiation fibrosis
- Maintaining your general fitness
- Planning your discharge
We can see you as an inpatient or outpatient while you are being treated.
Ask your doctor to refer you to physiotherapy, if you feel it may help you.