The Clinical Library is a specialised library which has books, journals and electronic resources relevant to cancer treatment, care, research and education.
The clinical library is open to all St. Luke's Radiation Oncology Network staff and students on placement or attending courses within The Network.
Clinical Library services available to hospital staff include:
- Access to a range of online databases such as CINAHL, MEDLINE, PubMed, Cochrane.
- Access to online journals via clinical library A to Z Journal List.
- Training Sessions on the use of our online journals and databases.
- Reference and enquiry service to answer user queries.
- Book lending services. The clinical library collection can be searched from the ORC Catalogue available from the St. Luke's Intranet (internal access only).
- Access to reference material including journals and newspapers.
- Inter-Library Loan and Document Supply Service.
- Current Awareness Service.
- Literature Searching.
Mission of the Clinical Library is:
- To provide access to current and relevant information for patient care.
- To facilitate undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education of all users.
- To support staff research and planning.